We are in the midst of Pickling season!
So what are you waiting for? You can pickle or ferment any veg coming out of the garden or from the farmers market 💚 Whether you are fermenting, krauting or preserving in brine, our Pickling Spice is the perfect accompaniment! My recipe for classic Dill Pickles is as follows:
- Add a tbs of Gathering Place Trading Pickling Spice to each liter jar along with 2 heads of dill and 3 garlic cloves
- Stuff the sterilized jars with cucumbers filling the spaces as tightly as possible
- Pour boiling brine over cucumbers leaving a 2 cm space to the rim
- Brine is 3 cups apple cider vinegar, 2 and 3/4 cups water, 1/4 cup of GP Antarctic Pure coarse sea salt heated to boiling
- Wipe rims of jars, place heated undamaged lids/seals on hot jars, add canning ring, making sure to not over tighten.
- Place jars in a hot water bath for 8 minutes.
- Remove from water and listen for the happy snapping of the seals as the jars cool.